Thursday, October 15, 2009

First blog post!

eeeeek! I am now officially a blogger.

Introductions: My name is Leey and I have 3 chihuahuas. Yupyupper Gordy who is a red male, 2.5 yrs old, Pamistand Nyuschka who is a fawn female 2yrs old and Yupyupper Gwendolyn who is a tri colour chocolate female 8 months old.


Been a pretty intense week! Nooshkie turned 2 last Sunday, we had pancakes for lunch to celebrate. She was also spayed 2 weeks prior to that and her stitches came out Monday. So she was all in party mode.

Tuesday Gwen was bitten by a spider, her whole face swelled up, throat too. Was incredibly scary. Poor baby! gave her some benadryl and rushed off tot he vets. She got a shot and some Prednisone. Sat up the whole night with her, she really wasnt too well. There was vomitting and loose stool. Poor angel. Everything kept swelling up and then going down and then swelling up again. She (and I) was exhausted Wednesday, poor dear slept through the day. But I am glad to report that she is well and healthy again. Still a little drained but no more red rash or swelling, and she is eating again.

Saturday 3 October, we attended a local fun dog show, entrance fee went to charity. We managed to clean house! well a little. Gwen ranked 6th in her class (Thoroughbred), Nyuschka placed 1st in her class (Extreme dog - smalllest, fattest etc) and Gordy managed a joint 3rd place with Nooshie in the fancy dress competition. Nooshie also took Res Champion. All in all a good day.

Nooshie's firts prize for Extreme Dog


Nooshie wins Reserve Champion


Puppies in the fancy dress competition!


Gwen started puppy classes last saturday (10-10-09). She did great. She is by far the smallest in the class at 1.6kilos, amongst a dobie, a scotty and a labby. Its so funny to watch. The smallest by far and the cheekiest too. (also funnily enough the oldest being 8 month and all the other pups being 8 weeks).

We recently brought home a kitten, he is just the cutest, we named him Sebastian (well... Sir Bastian actually). The puppies were none too pleased with me, but they seemed to have accepted him as another puppy. every other cat that comes near them, they go into attack mode and try to rip it apart. So Baz had a mild viral infection and we had to make a trip to the vet. Just before we went in the receptionist asked to see Baz and begged me to take a kitten they had in the back who was abandoned at 3 wks old. Me being the super softy that I am, couldnt say no, so Little Zoe is coming home this Monday. I fear my pack is growing in leaps and bounds, pity my wallet isnt keeping up.

But nothing in this world can compare to the love of a furkid, so I will eat less MacDonalds and make it work.

Peace love & respect!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leey and welcome to the blogging world!! I've added you to my blog list and am looking forward to more posts from you and the kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Leey, you certainly have been busy! So much going on at your house! Ha ha. Tell Nooshie Happy Birthday from me. Sorry to hear about Gwen's bite but I am so glad that she is okay. Sorry to hear about Baz's viral infection but I hope he is feeling better now. I can't wait to see pictures of him and the new addition, Miss Zoe!

    ReplyDelete